Seeks qualified candidates for the position of Chief Equity Officer (CEO) within the Executive Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The CEO will plan, guide and advise the Managers and Cabinet Members on diversity, equity, inclusion, human rights, accessibility, and affirmative action matters and provides strategic leadership and direction to all facets of DEI, Human Rights, and Affirmative Action management as it pertains to Employees. The CEO works intimately with executive leaders and department heads to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility as core values and creates, implements, and monitors programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees and the community. The CEO must maintain the highest confidentiality of sensitive information.
Bilingual and multilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field
- Eight (8) years of related experience in Diversity, Equity and/or Inclusion
- Excellent communication skills
- Juris Doctorate, Master’s Degree, or Education Degree in a related field
- Experience with staff supervision
- Experience with a large public institution
- Experience with employee/citizen grievances or complaints and employee fairness and resolution of complaints
- Experience in the areas of Diversity, Human Rights, Accessibility, Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity compliance and other applicable laws
- Experience working in partnership with Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Talent Management or a consultancy focused on diversity and inclusion or talent management.
- Experience with establishing and managing operational budgets
- Experience with the development and design of training initiatives
Pay: $130,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year