A company in Auburn is seeking to fill a full-time permanent ELECTRICAL ENGINEER for first shift; M-F, 8-5 and Fridays 9-3; 40-45 hrs./wk.; who will be actively involved in the relaying of critical information between Sales, Engineering and Production. They are responsible for, under mentoring and oversight of the systems engineers and mechanical designers, creating accurate, sensible, and consistent electrical layouts and/or schematics within set timelines to enable production to succeed.
We are a leading provider of communication and response vehicles serving a wide variety of customers. We are looking for a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team. We are growing quickly and need team members who like fast paced environments.
- Take direction from and collaborate with Engineers, Designers, and Production staff in an efficient team environment to create electrical layout and/or schematics based on information from specifications, Mechanical Design Engineering (MDE) drawings, and other sources
- Use standard drawing templates; make calculations to track loads on wires for correct sizing of generators’ shore power which includes balancing loads to each line; correctly label and size all wires, fuses, breakers, loads, etc.
- Program the ERP to generate Bill of Materials (BOMs) for electrical components
- Communicate with MDEs to identify and resolve differences between electrical drawings, mechanical drawings, and client requirements
- Create, implement, supervise, and document tests verifying designs meet the customer requirements
- Complete all documentation and create schematics required for production within established time frames as agreed upon
- Be responsible for ensuring the correct documents are available to the correct teams in the company and communicate with Engineers, Management, and Production Leads to identify/implement improvement opportunities at the project level and company level
- Communicate with vendors/clients to troubleshoot designs, get information on new designs, and obtain specifications of components
- Analyze proposed Change Orders and communicate their assessment of proposed change orders (effect upon the project’s original design parameters and project’s timeline/budget; estimated time for completion of the change; feasibility given the project’s parameters as well as other project demands upon Engineering; and timely propagation of any revisions to analyses and schematics)
- S. Diploma/GED; but AS, AAS or BS Electrical Eng strongly desired
- Must be able to understand electrical loads, fuses, wire capacities, resistors, diodes, relays, etc.; able to provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, or equipment are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used; be knowledgeable about relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote the protection of people, data, property, and institutions to promote a safe work environment
- Able to operate a variety of tools such as capacitance meters, electronic measuring probes, frequency analyzers, frequency counters or time or dividers, microcontrollers, multi-meters, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, personal computers, plotter printers, power meters, signal generators, soldering iron, voltage or current meters, crimpers, hand tools, data-loggers, design software
- Be knowledgeable about Computer Aided Electrical Schematic Design software (CAD, SolidWorks) and MS Office including Access
- Must have electrical wiring and troubleshooting experience
- Must be proactive, assertive, and technically-inclined and enjoy interacting across multiple departments and up/down the organization
Pay: $70,000 – $80,000 per year