Eligibility for training funds

The following are eligibility guidelines and documentation required for adults (18 years+).

You must currently reside or have worked in our Service Delivery Area. If not, please contact your local MassHire Career Center by clicking HERE. The following cities and towns are eligible for the MassHire Central Career Center area:

Auburn, Boylston, Brookfield, East Brookfield, Grafton, Hardwick, Holden, Leicester, Millbury, New Braintree, North Brookfield, Northborough, Oakham, Paxton, Rutland, Shrewsbury, Spencer, Upton, Warren, Blackstone, Hopedale, Mendon, Milford, Millville, Northbridge, Uxbridge, Westboro, Charlton, Douglas, Dudley, Oxford, Southbridge, Sturbridge, Sutton, Webster and Worcester.

You must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Any of the following documents can be used to show this authorization:

Birth certificate (for US citizens), US passport, voter registration card, alien registration card indicating right to work, foreign passport stamped eligible to work or naturalization certification.

For more information or to Request Employment Authorization, click HERE.

You must possess one of the following: birth certificate, driver’s license, DD214 (veterans only), baptismal record, federal/state/local government identification card, Selective Service card, hospital record or passport.

Males 18 or older who were born on or after January 1, 1960 must be in compliance with the Military Selective Service Act (draft registration). Acceptable forms of documentation include: DD214 (veteran’s status), Selective Service card, Selective Service registration form, stamped post office receipt of registration.

To register for Selective Service or to verify your Selective Service registration status, please click HERE.

You must be a registered member of the MassHire Central Career Center. If you have attended a Career Center Seminar in-person or virtually within the past 12 months, you are a member.

If not, you must register to attend a Career Center Seminar. You can click HERE to create a profile on JobQuest and schedule the seminar yourself. You can also call your local career center to be scheduled over the phone.